The Greenshank was converted from a 1936 traditional narrowboat into the stylish floating café bar with outdoor sun deck she is today in 2017. Before that, she had quite a history of proud service on the English canals.
Built by Harland and Wolff at their Woolwich shipyard IN 1936, she was originally named Bawtry and she’s never had an engine but always worked as a Butty Boat. Greenshank carried general cargo all over the English canal system for well over 2 decades. In 1954 she was paired up with Redshank by the Willow Wren Carrying Company and renamed Greenshank. The pair were the favourite narrowboats of the Willow Wren Company for a long while.
Being in a derelict state and at risk of sinking, Greenshank was refitted between 2013 - 2016 to become the Greenshank Café Bar. Being completely renovated, a glass roof was fitted and all facilities built in. Now she proudly sits in Bristol Floating Harbour.